Answers to general questions regarding Download Manager.
Download Manager is an application that comes with WebCourier and FastStore, and makes it possible to automatically download files sent to you directly into your work flow. You automate downloads of received files to a predefined location on the local disk, and the files are organised in a folder structure of your choice. You can use Download Manager on PC, Mac and Linux. Download Manager can run as a Service on Windows.
No, our applications are platform independent.
Yes. Our products are platform independent.
Answers to questions regarding installation of Download Manager.
Log in to your MyFileflow account and click on Download Manager. Click on Download. Double-click the downloaded installation file, and follow the installation instructions. Please note that you have to install the application on the computer that you want to store the files. After you have successfully installed and started Download Manager on the computer that you want to download and store files, begin to specify the root folder of your preferred download location by clicking on the Browse button, and then select your folder arrangement. After you have made your specifications, click the Start button. Files will be automatically downloaded to your designated location, and sorted in your chosen folder arrangement, given that the selected folder values exist or have been filled in by your senders. If your senders do not fill in a value you have selected as a folder, the files are organised by the values that exists.
If you would like to make changes to the Download Manager setup, click on the Stop button, and make you changes. Then, click the Start button.
If you would like to redownload a fileset, mark the fileset and click on the Redo button.
If you would like to update the list of files, click the Refresh button.
If you would like to view details of a specific fileset, mark the fileset and click on the Show button.
If you would like to stop an ongoing download and proceed with the next in line, click on the Cancel button.
Log in to your MyFileflow account. Click on Download Manager Click on Download. Double-click the downloaded installation file, and follow the installation instructions. Please note that you have to install the application on the computer that you want to store the files.
Answers to questions regarding troubleshooting Download Manager.
- Make sure that you have the latest version of Java installed. If you are a PC user, go to Control Panel and click on Java. Select the Update tab, and click on Update Now. Mac users click on the apple in the far left corner of the screen, and select Software Update. Or, go to www.java.com and click on Free Java Download.
- End all Java processes. If you are a PC user, start the Task Manager by pressing ctrl+alt+delete on your keyboard. Mark and end every running Java process. If you are a Mac user, go to Applications, Utilities and open Activity Monitor. Mark and end every Java process.
- Open your Java Settings. If you are a PC user, go to Control Panel and open Java. If you are a Mac user, go to Applications, Utilities and open Java Preferences. Select the Advanced tab and click on Show console, Activate tracing and Debugging. Save your changes.
- Start Download Manager. If Download Manager does not function properly, proceed to step 5.
- Copy all text from the Java console and paste it into a text document, or directly into the contact form. Send us the information along with the Logs folder. The logs are located in \Documents and Settings\your name\fileflow or directly on you root folder (usually C:\) if you are a PC user. On a Mac, you will find it in HD/Users/your name/fileflow.